Become a member
Membership at Shorebreak is the animation of the Biblical call to live as an accountable member of the larger body of Christ: “For just as the body is one and has many members...all the members of the body, though many, are one body. Now you are the Body of Christ and individually members of it.” (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27).
• Membership is deciding to not just ‘go’ to church but ‘belong’ to the church.
• Membership is joining the mission and putting roots down in this community of faith.
• Membership is entering into the fullness of what it means to be part of the Body of Christ.
• Membership is a covenant between committed people and the leadership of Shorebreak Church.
We believe membership is a blessing and weighty responsibility, which is why we take membership seriously. To help you and to help us along this path, our membership process involves 5 steps:
1. Explore. The first step is for you to already be enjoying the benefits of the church by attending Sunday gatherings and being involved in a community group (or getting plugged into one if you are not).*
2. Believe. All members of Shorebreak Church must be professing, baptized Christians who confess that they’ve been saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. If you haven't yet been baptized, you can also commit to being baptized at our next baptism.
3. Learn. The next step will introduce you to what we believe, who we are, and what we are passionate about. This step includes:
- Read the Membership Handbook
- Listen to the sermon series "Who We Are"
- Attend a membership class--Sunday, July 8, 4:00pm, The Coffee Lounge
4. Commit. The fourth step is for members to share their commitment to the unity, health, and mission of the church by signing the membership covenant and continuing to live joyfully in community, serving, and giving in our church family.
5. Confirm. The last step is for you to meet with a church leader to talk about what you learned in the process and ask any questions you may have. If they recommend you for membership, you will be presented and prayed for during a Sunday gathering.
Ready To begin the membership process?
Please complete this form so we can guide you through the process.